This is a ministry to glorify the Lord by lifting up our Sisters in Christ. It is not about material things but a way to show love with prayer, a gift or gift card, or an inspirational message to let them know they are being thought of, supported, and spiritually lifted up in Christ.
To Be Part of Secret Sister:
- You have participated in our worship services, at least once a month.
- Be 12 years of age or older
How Secret Sister Works:
- Secret Sister is done every 6 months so that we can are able to include new Sisters! The first round is from November to April and the second round will be from May to October.
- You must reach out to your Secret Sister once a month by one of the following ways: (1) A small gift from their Secret Sister questionnaire form, (2) Mailing them a card or inspirational note that shares scripture or lets them know they are being lifted up in prayer.
- You are also able to reach out to your Secret Sister more than once a month! That is praised and encouraged if you choose to do that!
Secret Sister Gift Drop Off:
- Gifts can be left in the church foyer
- Mailed to your Secret Sister (the church address can be used as a return address to keep it safe and a secret)
- Personal drop off by you (the Secret Sister), Denise Schurtz or Michelle Ali (contact information is listed below)
Secret Sister Reveal Party:
- Bring a gift to the Secret Sister Reveal Party, which will be held at the end of the six month rotation.
- A group activity may be done as a whole to include and welcome new Sisters. This activity may include a gift holding value of no more than a $1.00!
**It is asked that you please remember your Secret Sister on her birthday, anniversary, holidays, etc**
I Want to Participate in Secret Sister Ministries:
- Join us Saturday, April 10, 2021 at 12pm at the FRCN. Bring your wrapped gift valued at $1.00. If you wish to raise that value that is your choice! Chicken, drinks, and desserts will be served, so it is asked that you please bring a snack or dish to share with the meal.
- Just simply fill out and return the Secret Sister Questionnaire before this event. You can download it below or pick it up on the back table in church foyer.
- You can return your secret sister questionnaire form (1) in-person on Sunday morning, (2) Drop off in Church's mail slot located to the right of the double glass doors, (3) Mail to Church at 1107 Monroe Avenue, Front Royal, VA 22630.
Download the Secret Sister Questionnaire here!
The six month rotation will begin in May and end in October. If you have questions or concerns please reach out to Denise Schurtz (email below).
During this time we are still being very cautious with the spread of COVID-19. We will do our very best to keep everyone at a safe distance and ask that you please remember your mask. If you don't have a mask, one will be provided for you, as well as hand sanitizer.
This is a ministry, not just a social endeavor. Love can be shown in some of the simplest ways, so let's have fun, be creative, and lift each other up in Christ! May God Bless you all!
Denise Schurtz: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle Ali: email@example.com
Also, if you are able, for future convenience please visit our Secret Sister Facebook page for updates and reminders. If you do not have a Facebook page please let Denise Schurtz or Michelle Ali know so that we are sure to keep you informed at all times.